Spire (YC W15 - www.spire.io
) is finally making good on the promise to transform mental and physical health through connected devices. Our flagship product is sold in Apple Stores globally, we’ve received over 1,000 five-star Amazon reviews, and we’re recommended by thousands of health professionals worldwide. Our next generation product is taking biosensing beyond basic step-counting and stress-management to enable people to take control of their mental and physical health. Our platform processes over 20 billion data-points per day and our reach extends across the globe.
We’re looking for a driven leader with a thirst for dynamic technical challenges to join our iOS team. You’ll work alongside a hyper-talented team of hardware, firmware, algorithmic, cloud, and app engineers-- owning our iOS development processes from end-to-end: from prototyping and validation to implementation and launch, ongoing iteration, and defining the direction of Spire’s future iOS products and surrounding technical infrastructure.
No detail is too small and no effort is too big. And it shows. We share a sense of integrity, purpose, and compassion-- working together to help real problems for people around the world. Consequently, we get into the office every morning as excited as we are to go home in the evening. We’d love you to be here too.
What You'll Do
- Own development processes from end-to-end from prototyping and validation, through to implementation, launch, and further iteration.
- Define the direction of Spire’s future iOS products and surrounding technical infrastructure.
- Develop Spire’s iOS App and device connectivity mobile SDK.
What You'll Need
- Extensive programming experience with swift, obj-c, and C++. Bonus points for experience with React Native and GraphQL.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithm complexity analysis.
- A passion for great UX and a strong user-centric development focus.
- Experience building client applications working seamlessly with SOA backends.
- Solid understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Experience profiling and optimizing applications.
- Bonus: experience interacting with connected devices robustly and power efficiently.
What You'll Get
- A free education around the full-stack of hardware-software connected devices from hardware and firmware all the way up to data science and signal processing. The sky is the limit in terms of your opportunity for growth.
- A chance to fundamentally change the way people think about and improve their health.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a well-funded, high-growth company.
- A defined problem to solve, a close-knit team, and significant opportunities for growth.
- 100% premium coverage for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Relocation (to SF) and/or visa assistance if needed.